Monday, April 6, 2009

"I have GOT to get a planner!"

...thus the words I uttered after the FIRST forgotten commitment today. When the second one rolled around, I was even more upset at myself.

I have always hated keeping a planner. I buy one at the beginning of the year and tell myself I'll use it and write down all of the important dates I need to remember. Shortly after, I stubbornly and pridefully tell myself, "Who needs a planner? I can remember all this crap all by myself!" And I usually can. 

My mind is like a steel trap when it comes to faces, phone numbers, and dates. I still remember my first phone number and the phone numbers of childhood friends, birthdays of friends' parents, and the faces of pretty much every person I've ever met. OH, let me tell you, I never forget a face. All of this to say that I tend to be pretty prideful about my ability to remember things and stay organized. 

Lately, however, I've noticed that my brain is having trouble handling all of the information I expect it to store and hold for me to remember at the opportune time. I tend to over-plan, commitments sometimes overlap, and I have to arrange the dreaded "reschedulings." I DO need a planner. Make no mistake. 

I also think these situations are arising due to the recent addition of my second job. I had no idea how complicated all of this would be. This all probably ALSO has to do with me aging. I never seem to tire of blaming things on that.

I am not self-sufficient. I really can't do any of this without the help of a planner (and, not to be too terribly trite, the help of my heavenly Planner). 

On an entirely different note, I am growing more and more weary of this horribly cold weather. It is supposed to freeze YET again tonight. Will summer ever come?

Oh, AND, if you haven't joined thegrocerygame.com yet, DO IT. 
You won't be sorry.

2 comments:

  1. i have a planner too but i always forget to look at it and then i forget about stuff! what i do is i have a dry erase calendar that hangs up in my room and i transfer stuff from my planner to the calendar so i have it on both. i am constantly looking at the calendar because its always in my line of vision so i never forget about stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have GOT to update your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete